Tuesday 23 July 2013

How to: Glowy & Bronzed Face Routine

Hi everyone!! How are you all doing today on this humid summers day? I love the summer, it makes me happy to know that my legs now have a chance to match colour wise with my arms! Hahaha, no one likes a two toned body, nu uh gurl! xD

Today's post is all about achieving that beautiful and radiant glow to our skin! Yup that's right, I'm going to show you one of my many face routines; this one in particular is only achieved when I am actually bothered to wear more than 3 products! This routine is not necessarily my summer face routine, it's more so for when I have a special event to go to or when I just feel like wearing foundation, blush, bronzer and the whole shibang really. (bigsmileyface)

OKAYY ! Let's get started people! I hope you enjoy this post as I have put a lot of effort into it (not that I don't put 100% effort into all of my posts, but this one is like .... +256% more effort!) Btw, s'cuse the no eye makeup & no brows, I know and don't worry, the sight is hurting my eyes too! LMFAO xD

THE BRUSHES 
From left to right: E.L.F Stipple Brush / E.L.F Flat Top Brush / AVON Powder Brush / AVON Angled Brush /
Essential Beauty Powder Brush / E.L.F Crease Brush / Revlon Blending Brush 

THE PRODUCTS!
TheBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer / Benefit Erase Paste 2 / Benefit Girl Meets Pearl / Benefit 'that gal' Primer /
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum / Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer / Rimmel Stay Matte Powder /
Bourjois (Chocolate Bronzer) / TheBalm Hot Mama Blusher


LETS START!
Warning. I look pale, sick and tired in the first few pictures, hahaha. :D 



Starting off with primer, I dot it all over my face and blend it with my fingers. The warmth from your fingers will help melt the product and blend much better into the skin. A primer will help prolong your makeup and make it stay on longer compared to no primer used. The primer I use is Benefit's 'that gal' primer which will not only help prolong my makeup, but it's also illuminating and brightening, which is perfect for a glowy look we're trying to achieve for this summer!




FOUNDATION TIME!!!! Gawsh, I look like a pale dead corpse I do! Any who, I use Bourjois's healthy mix serum foundation which is hands down one of my favourite drugstore foundations! It's got great coverage, the colour match is awesome (especially for us yellow undertone ladies) and it has a fruity sweet stench which is pleasant whenever you apply it! I pump just one pump onto my E.L.F stipple brush and blob it all over my face. I then blend blend blend, and continue to blend some more!





My favourite step, CONCEALING! I like to use different types of concealers: one for correcting, one for brightening and finally one for covering. However as my skin is doing fine lately blemish wise, I have been skipping the last concealer I usually use for covering up my spots and blemishes. The two I like to use are my erase paste 2 and my wake me up concealer. The erase paste as you can see I like to put three dots on my most darkest areas of my eye bags, and once I have blended out the correcting concealer with my ring finger, afterwards I apply my second concealer on top of where I placed my first concealer plus everywhere! The Rimmel wake up me concealer is not heavy coverage but very light, so I'm not too scared to go all out with this one. xD 



Primer, foundation and concealer CHECK!




Next step is contouring! As some of you guys know already, I am quite insecure about my face shape -.- .. so I have to contour, it's a must for me! However, It's not about whether I have to contour or not, but I honestly think contouring goes well with the whole bronzey-esque look we're going for here anyways. :D Winwinsituation. The contour powder I use is from theBalm, it's a matte brown shade which is perfect for contouring, it helps accentuate and emphasize the hollow area of your cheeks which helps bring out your cheekbones. Thus it gives your face a more defined and slimmer look overall! (Y)





Hang on in there Buddy, we're nearly done! Next, I use Bourjois's chocolate bronzer which FYI, doesn't smell at all like chocolate. I like to apply this unlike the contour powder all over my skin: on my cheeks, forehead and my neck. This way, I'll be able to match the colour of my face with my neck and it'll also give a beautiful healthy look to my skin as though I've just been to the beach. Especially for me, my skin is quite pale and definitely does not match with my tanned body, therefore this is a good method using makeup to pretend that my face does match my body!



Of course for a glowy and bronzed look we can't forget to use highlighter! Either liquid, creams or powders work great but for me, I have been favoring using this liquid pearl highlighter from Benefit as it gives me an amazing radiant glow! It's almost like a rose gold shade which I feel compliments well with the bronzer I applied previously and the blush I'll be showing you guys in the next step.  



This blush is ahmazing guys. It's BEAURIFUL! It's called Hot Mama and it's from theBalm. It's a pinky blush with gold shimmers almost like glitter particles in it thus it goes really well with my highlighter. It's very pigmented so I like to use a big brush which helps lightly distribute the product on to my cheeks. Remember! When using pigmented blushes to always tap of the excess from your brush before you apply it on to your face! You don't want to end up looking like you're ready for the next act in the circus. I like to smile big which helps accentuate the apple of my cheeks, applying  it first at the back of my cheeks and then lightly brushing the rest towards the centre of my cheeks. I prefer a more gradient effect when applying my blush, most of the product goes to the back of my cheeks, which gradually gets lighter towards the middle as I don't want to emphasize the roundness of my football head. xD



Who said eye brushes can't also be used for our faces?! NO ONE!! I am using the same contour powder I used for my face, theBalm Bahama Mama bronzer and applying it first with my E.L.F crease brush which is a dense and precise brush to the specific area I want it. I then take a more fluffier brush, this one is Revlon's blending brush and blending it out to make it appear more like a shadow effect to make my nose bridge appear longer and slimmer. 


Yes we are aiming for glowy skin but not oily skin! As you can see my skin is already beginning to produce oils around the inside of my cheek therefore, it's important to use a mattiyfying powder to eliminate the shine we don't want. Of course we don't want to powder every inch of our face, only the areas that you produce a lot of oil: forehead, chin, nose etc. For me, I just need to apply some on my forehead and my cheeks and I'm set! Powdering our skin will also help our makeup last even longer especially since we've used a primer beforehand.
WE'RE FINISHED !!! 
(Check out the fish face and the thumbs up! Wooo~ but seriously though, I need some colour on my lips, my brows on, my mascara and my fjvh;doufvhwbvfudhvdbjvd!!) :)


I apologies for this post being very very long! I didn't even realize it would be this long, I just got carried away taking the pictures for each of the steps. ><" I hope you enjoyed this post regardless, I'm sure the overload of pictures made it easier to understand what I was trying to explain. Hopefully you're not sick of my face though, hahaha. xD If you did enjoy reading and looking at this post then I promise to do more of these in the future! (Y) Well until then guys, catch you later alligator!












1 comment:

  1. awesome !! Im like you : My skin is also very dull and I have dark circles .

    ReplyDelete